One of these Mega Man Bosses must be your favorite, and I’ve given you all the reasons why one of them should be. I’ve omitted the X series, because let’s face it, gems like Frost Walrus and Web Spider deserve their own list.
Air Man – Mega Man 2
- Air beats metal kind of like paper beats rock.
- Make fun all you want… they later redid this idea with Wind Man. If they did it twice, it must be a great idea…
Blizzard Man – Mega Man 6
- He is a snow making machine.
- Few other bosses have hobbies suited for well adjusted robots like skiing.
Bomb Man – Mega Man 1
- One of the few robots Wily made that make some actual sense…
- Bomb man: smart enough to bring bombs to a gun fight.
Bright Man – Mega Man 4
- Light bulbs are so hard to break, and that’s why they made a boss robot out of one of them.
- At least they didn’t call him Bulb Man.
- Light bulbs, or brightness, apparently can stop time.
- He’s a lame rip off of Flash Man who also somehow stopped time using light.
Bubble Man – Mega Man 2
- Bubble Man is into bubbles, which is why he has so many spikes in his level. I wonder why Iceman didn’t have flames in his.
- Bubbles beat metal kind of like… …never mind.
- Bubble Man’s stage music was one of the best.
Burst Man – Mega Man 7
- He is the embodiment of mega man innuendo.
- Burst Man is Bubble Man once he’s all grown up.
Centaurman – Mega Man 6
- From Bright Man and Flash Man we get the impression that light can stop time. No. You have it all wrong. Centaurness stops time.
Crystal Man – Mega Man 5
- Let’s face the facts together here… this sounds like a drug reference.
Cut Man – Mega Man 1
- He wears the body of PacMan upon his head, who flies at people.
- The PacMan on his head can cut through metal.
Dust Man – Mega Man 4
- There are few things more threatening than dust (ACHOO!).
- His attack is not dust, it’s sucking. He sucks. He sucks so much. And guess what he’ll do to Mega Man?
Flash Man – Mega Man 4
- What’s the big deal? It’s not like Dr. Wily gave him any anatomy to flash.
Gemini Man – Mega Man 3
- Hey, man, what’s your sign?
- Obviously, he’s related to the statue of liberty (look it up if you don’t believe me).
- This boss surprisingly makes sense.
Guts Man – Mega Man 1
- He sounds like he should be a horror freak, made out of guts.
- Some translator thought the word guts meant really strong apparently.
- For some reason, it’s plural. YES!
Gyro Man – Mega Man 5
- He needs more Tzatziki sauce in my opinion, but other than that is quite good.
Hard Man – Mega Man 3
- Hard Man is right with Burst Man in the innuendo category.
- He’s better named than, “You Can’t Beat Me Nyah-Nyah Man”.
Junk Man – Mega Man 7
- Wily obviously made him out of cast off parts, broken dreams, and dumb ideas, which at least makes him environmentally friendly.
Napalm Man – Mega Man 5
- I mentioned how Wily had a moment of clarity when he made Bomb Man. This is the second moment of clarity. Not air, not bubbles, NAPALM
Pharaoh Man – Mega Man 4
- Wait… What?
Ring Man – Mega Man 4
- If you date him, he will win you the stuffed panda bear in the ring toss game at the carnival.
Shade Man – Mega Man 7
- Robot vampire? Well, it doesn’t make any sense, but then again, neither do sparkling vampires.
Sheep Man – Mega Man 10
- He can turn into cute, dangerous pink clouds.
Tomahawkman – Mega Man 6
- Hey, look, it’s embarrassingly politically incorrect and pretty racist man…
Top Man – Mega Man 3
- Children’s toys make great boss weapons.
Yamato Man – Mega Man 6
- None of us in the USA have any idea what a Yamato is.
- Looking it up does not answer the question of why.